Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Say Goodbye to Hollywood...Say Goodbye to Facebook.

I've decided to delete my Facebook account. 
Facebook is not good for me.
I plan to dedicate more time to my 3 blogs instead.  At least they give me an opportunity to be a little bit creating and insightful at times.
All Facebook does is make me angry(er).  I don't need that in 2014. 

I do not have cable.  So, while all of you are watching television I am reading Facebook statuses. 
Instead of Breaking Bad, Weeds, and The Soprano's (oh, wait...that was 10 years ago) I have Facebook. 
I probably spend the same amount of time on Facebook that everyone else spends in front of the TV.  Facebook is my mindless entertainment. 

There is a part of me that enjoys seeing everyone's wedding photos and hearing of your latest vacation.  But for every engagement photo and shot of a newborn baby there is an underdressed teenage selfie.  Or an underdressed 40 something selfie.  I don't know what is worse.

Facebook is not good for my patience or tolerance.  I find myself disgusted and angry on a daily basis watching posts pop up on my newsfeed shaming others.  I'm guilty of it, too.  I'm the most judgmental person on the planet.  Something I try and be mindful of and try hard to correct.  But Facebook makes it difficult.  It reminds me that we live in a world of fearful, self righteous, racist, homophobic, grandiose, conservative freaks and it makes ME fearful.  I'm trying to raise a kid in this fucked up world.  And my kid is going to end up in school with YOUR kid.  And the first time he comes home and repeats the word 'faggot' or 'spic' I am going to come to your fucking house, rob you of the gun you so proudly own, and beat you with it. 
See?!
I'm angry and judgmental just TALKING about it. 

So....I'm going to blog.
I'm going to blog about Rocco at roccobyebaby.blogspot.com.
I'm going to write about my great thrift store finds and coupon scores at 2ndhandmama.blogspot.com
The rest of my ramblings can be found here.
Follow them if you like. 
If you don't, it's is ok.  I'm over 'friending' and 'defriending' and 'blocking' and the obligatory friend request.  I think I'm getting old. 

This year my resolution is to be a better person.
In order to accomplish this it is best for me to bite my tongue. 
Happy Fucking New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment